Google Earth

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Emmanuel's Visit Day 3 and 4

DAY THREE

To day Emmanuel and I had to get up very early because we were going out to the islands. We got up around 5:30 so we could be at the harbor by 6:30. Emmanuel said, "what time is it" so I looked at the clock    
and it was 6:10, so we grabbed are stuff, and off we went. When we arrived at the harbor it was 6:24, we got on are boat and started are journey. We were on the boat for 2 hours until we final got to Catalina Island.


Once we were there we went on a huge hike all over the island we saw deer, fox, rabbits, bison, fish, and many other animals. My favorite part of the day was when Emmanuel asked me if I felt comfortable going into this really dark cave, he is so sensitive. Around 4 we headed back to the boat, on the way back Emmanuel said he saw a Bald Eagle, I didn't see it but I'm happy he saw it because its are state bird. We finally got back to the boat and headed home.

Once we got home we ate some dinner, we ate homemade chicken parmesan and fresh vegetables from my garden. Later that night we watch the Hangover Emmanuel said it was really funny. He said, "I really liked
how the the tiger was in the bathroom." Then he started laughing again. Within the next ten minutes Emmanuel fell asleep.


DAY FOUR

As the sun came up Emmanuel and I had breakfast and got ready to go on a long bike ride all through Santa Barbara. We made are lunches, put the bikes on the racks and drove to the Biltmore were we started. When we got there we unloaded are bikes and rode toward the mission. About half way through I got a flat and Emmanuel fixed it all by himself, witch was really nice because I don't know how to. 15 minutes later we got back on are bikes and kept going. Next we stopped at Arigato and got some sushi, He said, "wow this is great I've never had this before." Later we got back on are bikes and and kept going. About 3 miles away from the mission Emmanuel took a spill and crashed. I jumped off my bike and ran over to help him he said he was fine and but his knee was all scratched up so we took are sandwiches out not knowing we were going to stop. I found out he hit a speed bump and over corrected. We finally got to the mission and are ride was there so we packed up, put are bikes in and drove home. 


When we got home Emmanuel took a shower while I watched some television. When he got out we did some gardening we planted carrots, lettuce, and watermelon. He said he wanted to keep going so we did, we raked, got the rocks out of the soil, and planted many more things. We were suppose to go to an art show at 5 so we changed close and went we saw many paintings. there were paintings of beaches the mission, and this one painting that really stood out to me it was about a younger child teaching and older man how to surf, just like I did with Emmanuel.


It was about 8 when we got home so Emmanuel wanted to write in his journal about what we did today so  when he got back home he would never forget while he did that I fell asleep on the couch after the long day we had.












No comments: