Google Earth

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAY FIVE WITH MARUGE

Today Maruge had school so I went with him and helped all the little kids with there english. It was great because I could see all the great work he and his class was doing. I helped a group of kids that wee behind on there letters so I showed them how to do it and answered any questions they had. All the kids were asking about america more than the letters so I told them were I lived and what I did, like surfing or biking. The children were so impressed that I could surf. They said I've always thought surfing was scary because of the big waves. I told them you can surf any size of wave and they were like ok. Later that day I got to be   in Maruges group, it was really nice to be with him. I thought school ended around 3 because it does in Santa Barbara. Here it ends at 5, I was kinda bummed because I wanted to be with Maruge. So I just went with it and it was fun because at the sad they play games.


Later when we got home we were both hungry so we had chicken soup with beans and salsa in it. At first I was not going to eat it because it sounded horrible, but he made me try it and it wasn't that bad. It wasn't my favorite thing but not the worst. After dinner we went to a show that his tribe was doing, it was about the british taking over but the africans fighting back. It was a really interesting show. During the show Maruge started crying, I asked if he was ok he said "yes but its bringing me back in time when they killed my family, I asked if he wanted to leave he said no so I just hung with him and tried to make him feel better.



After that great show we went back to Maruges hut were we played some cards, he told me he never has played cards. So I told him about the games and he would catch on very quickly. He did I had them packed in my bag so we could play on a night like this. We firs played crazy eights I think that was his favorite one because he never wanted to stop. I think Maruge I a great person and not because he's been through all the bad stuff but because he's so in touch which himself and the earth. I was really tired so I told he I was going to go to bed soon, he was like what about the cards. I started laughing, so did he. Next I went to bed and told him we could play later he said ok.


It was a great day for me because I got to learn about his school, help little kids and get one of the greatest gifts I've ever got. Another reason would be because I got to go to a historical event and see the past. 

No comments: