Google Earth

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DAY TWO WITH MARUGE

Today was Friday we woke up and Maruge was stressed because yesterday when we fell asleep he for got to do his home work, so I helped him with it really quick because school started in 15 minutes. He needed to practice his reading on his little flash cards so I told him to give them to me and I would test him on the way. He was so happy. At the end of all the cards he got them all right so I gave him a high five and he walked through the gates.


While he was at school I wanted to learn a little more about his culture so I went on a tour of there city, every thing was very little the were no ski scrappers or huge houses it was all tight and small. I really liked that, even though my own space is great it was really nice being apart of a community that depended of each other. My favorite part of the tour was when we stopped to help the children with there chores. We were driving bye and all the little girls were raying really heavy water jugs to the driver pulled over and asked them if they needed help the said "yes" so we all grabbed one and took it to there huts. We got back in the car and drove away. Later that day I picked up Maruge and we went out to the jungle and he showed me the monkeys, he said they were his favorite animal and he loved to watch them. It was amazing to see them jump from tree to tree like that.


It was time for dinner and we were both really hungry so we stopped at a market and got some grub. I got a salad and some ripe fruit. It was great! Maruge got just fruit and ate very little so I asked him why don't you want to eat he said "I don't have a lot of money and I need to save some for another time." That made me realize how much of a pig I was but I thought it was just a little bit. Here in africa people starve and in the U.S. we eat as much as we want.  
                
It was a great day I learned a lot about the culture here and how people are so kind and helpful they are. I wish are country could be this kind to each other.              
                                            

No comments: