Google Earth

Monday, January 16, 2012

DAY FOUR WITH MARUGE

To day we were trying to get to the market so we could by some great snacks, there were all kinds of food, fruit, vegetables, and a lot more. When we were walking around Maruge ran into a long lost friend, his name was Akiki. Maruge told me he was in the camps with him and were really good friends back then.
We got all of are food and snacks and headed back to Maruges house, his friend tagged along so they could triad addresses or be in contact some way. When we got home I asked them what the camps were like and how did they effect you. Akiki told me the camps were un describable. So I asked Maruge he said "the camps were very bad they took my life away. By killing my wife and baby. They also beat me, thats why I need my stick. I was shocked, in my head and mind I was crying. Its so disgusting that the British could do this to other people.


Later that day we ate some of the delicious food we got at the market, we had bananas, mango, karats, and many other things as well. It was a very good lunch I told Maruge I haven't had this good of fruit for a long time. He was not understanding, he said "if you grow it who can it not be fresh. I told him about the big trucks that bring it from other places. He thought that was stupid, and I do to. After that went to his house and just hung around for a bit, it was nice to take a break. Later that day I told Maruge I wanted to get something to take back with me so he said "why buy when you can find or make." So were went for a walk through his village, trying to find something. We couldn't find anything so when we got done with are walk Maruge told me to keep his walking stick. I was shocked, he had been through so much with hat and uses it every day. I said thank you so much and he said "your welcome."


Next we went to a place called Sipi Falls it is a water fall that is amazing, and at the top of it you can see all of Uganda. So we went to the water fall and I couldn't believe my eyes it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.



The water fall was great I never wanted to go. He said we could swim if we want, so I took off my shorts and went in, in my boxers. It was cold but supper refreshing and an amazing feeling when you were under it. There was also a little hut at the top that someone lived in, I was so jealous. If I had a hut there I would be the happiest kid alive. Later Maruge told me it was going to be dark in about 30 min and we had a hug hike ahead of us so we had to head back. It was pitch black and I was really scared but he told me that we would be fine and it was just around the corner, so I ran over there and he was right the end of the trail was right here so we hitch hiked back and fell asleep.  

No comments: