Google Earth

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DAY THREE WITH MARUGE

To day we had a lot of plans because Maruge didn't have school. He wanted to spend a lot of time with me, so we decided to go to a lake that he likes to swim and relax at. It was a long journey to get to it, we went through the jungle over a mountain and through lots of trees. It was a really fun journey. We finally got to the lake it was amazing there was no one there and some of the most colorful birds I've ever scene. When I'm with Maruge I feel so connected to the earth and not all the stupid stuff that go's around. At the lake Maruge told me he was going for a swim across the lake because there was a well on the other side that he liked to drink out of. So I went with him. After a cold but refreshing swim we were there.




When we got to the well he said that the old villagers made it by hand and it was really important to him. I was really surprised that he new all this stuff about the well and his ancestors. He got a hand full of water and drank it very quietly, for respect of his ancestors. He then told me we had to swim back I was freezing so I swam as fast as I could. Later that day we went back to his hut and took a long nap. We woke up around 4 and were ready to do another thing. We went to his friends house and he introduced me to all his friends and said I was a very special person, that made me feel really good. I said thank you and then they gave us each a beer and said lets have some fun. I told them I wasn't aloud to drink it so, I gave it back and they gave me some water. Were we were there I let Maruge just hang out with his buddies and I went for a walk. We met back up within 45 minutes and went back to his house. 



When we woke up it was around dinner time so we had some soup that Maruge made us it was very good. There was chicken, great bread, and many other little things in it to. It was a long day so after dinner we talked for a bit, but were really tiered so went to bed. It was a really good day. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...


No comments: